TOURNAMENT SITE: Your house! Or any other location in which you can access a basketball goal while safely social distancing and following all state and local guidelines. Tournament will be held using the Zoom App. This app can be used on a computer, laptop, iPad or any other compatible smart phone device. Your location should have good wi-fi or a strong signal if you're operating off of data.
TOURNAMENT DATES: May 22-24 ** Event will be held rain or shine. All matches will be held between 4:00pm and 7:00pm on Friday and 10:00am to 7:00pm on weekends. Tournament Staff reserves the right to alter the Tournament Schedule if needed.
4th/5th Grade (Can be no older than 11 on 8/31/2020)
6th/7th Grade (Can be no older than 13 on 8/31/2020)
8th/9th Grade (Can be no older than 15 on 8/31/2020)
10th - 12th Grade (Can be no older than 18 on 8/31/2020)
Adult Open (Must be 18 or older as of 9/1/2020)
ENTRY FEE: $8 per player including handling fees
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: 11:59pm on May 20th ** Separate Girls and Boys Divisions within each age group will be offered if there are enough entries. The number of entries per division may be capped. Divisions may be combined if needed.
AWARDS: Gold and Silver medals be awarded to the First and Second Place finishers in each division. Medals will be mailed to the address you enter when registering.
- Single elimination bracket.
- Player One will attempt to make a basket. The shot must be "called" or explained to Player Two and the judge prior to completing the shot.
- If Player One is successful with the shot, Player Two must make the same shot in the exact same way. If Player Two fails to duplicate the shot, they earn a letter starting with "H." If Player Two successfully completes the shot, control returns to Player One to attempt another shot.
- If Player One is not successful with the shot, control is handed over to Player Two who then attempts to make a shot of their choice. The shot must be "called" or explained to Player One and the judges prior to completing the shot.
- Once control is handed over to Player Two, if he or she is successful with the shot, Player One must make the same shot in the exact same way. If Player One fails to duplicate the shot, they earn a letter stating with "H." If Player One successfully completes the shot, control returns to Player Two to attempt another shot.
- This pattern continues until a player has earned all five letter (H-O-R-S-E) or the time limit of fifteen minutes has been reached. The player that has spelled H-O-R-S-E or has the most letters after fiteen minutes is eliminated and the winner advances to the next round in the bracket. See Tournament Rules for further Tie Breakers.